The Arts

The driving question for our PBL over Term 2 and part of this Term has been, “How can we as performing artists communicate positive messages to an audience?”

We learnt about The Arts, in particular the elements of Dance, Drama and Music. We read a number of fables or fairy tales and learnt about their positive message. We then took this learning and applied it to our own play writing script. 

In my group there was Logan, Emmet, Jaxson and I, and we planned out what our script and fairy tale was going to be. Click here to see our planning document

Once we had planned our ideas, we started to write our script. The fairy tale or fable our script is based on, was The three little pigs. The positive message that we wanted the audience to take away was that hard work pays off. 

The Google Slide shows everyone’s performance in Tumu, my group’s performance is on slide 12

Something that I enjoyed about this project was writing the script as I had so many ideas in my head.

Something that I found challenging or would change about this project was the need to learn our lines off by heart.

I am most proud of this project because the final product turned out really well. I liked how Miss Gill clapped at the end. Her smile made me feel like we’d done an awesome job!

Do you think that you would want to be a professional actor?

2 thoughts on “The Arts